22 April 2010

New York in Spring

I have unexpectedly found my way to New York. I will write more about my trip to America soon. I just wanted to post a few brief (for a change) notes now.

The first time I came to New York was in 2006. That was in March. It was freezing! There was no snow but it was still really cold. Spine-chilling wind!

The second time was in 2008, in May. That's two months later than March (albeit a different year) and it was hot. It was so wam and muggy in the city, that I escaped to the beach at Coney Island with some of the girls in my hotel.

Who would have thought a couple of months could make such a difference. Now, continuing my once every 2 year average, I am here in April. And the weather is just about perfect! A few rain showers and a bit of a breeze, but mainly sunny and the temaprature is ideal - T-shirt weather without being too hot.  They do say that this is the best time of year to come.

I could get used to following the seasons around.  I could live in Australia all summer, and as it gets to April and the temperatures in Melbourne start dropping, fly off to North America. Hit the slopes for the end of the ski season, and spend some time in New York. Then, continue around the world in the same direction,  to Europe, in time for the start of summer.  Enjoy London and the continent all summer long, until about September when it starts to cool down again. Stop by Oktoberfest if the liver is feeling good, and head back to Melbourne just in time for the Spring racing carnival, and the leadup to summer.

Now all I need is a job that lets me work from different parts of the world. Some sort of touring contractor or consultant maybe?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and I’m really glad to found this post, I also will be there (New York) in May 2010. I think it is ideal season visit to New York and the climate is truly perfect. My last visit was in Dec 2009, this was really chilly time.

    Best Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't think there is a wrong time to be in NY. Maybe the magic will wear off once I've been there more often, but I just can't (and don't want to) imagine that!

    ReplyDelete