27 February 2013

Is NY still exciting the 4th time around?

Is New York City still exciting on your 4th visit?

Quite simply, yes.

The first time I went to NY it was awesome. What an atmosphere.
The second time I was in NY it was just as much fun.
The third time I went to NY was when Icelandic volcano ash cloud grounded flights in 1999 and I was stuck in the States while on business. Milling around NYC was starting to lose its exactingness.

Would my fourth visit be boring?

No. I was in town at the end of last month for a conference and although I didn't get out as much as I would have liked to, New York still provided an amazing, unique and unmistakable atmosphere when walking around those one-way city streets.

View from the top of the Rock towards the Empire State Building and Downtown

It was my first visit in Winter and I experienced both how bloody cold it can get, and how unseasonably warm it can be.  I enjoyed jogging in Central Park like a local, visiting the Top of the Rock and of course a lot of shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment