02 June 2010

Business Trip to Paris

I am currently zooming through the sunny French countryside at some 300 km/h.

I was just in Paris for a business meeting. Just a day trip. Caught the Eurostar out of London’s beautiful St 

Pancras station this morning and in less than two hours my colleague and I were walking the streets of Paris.
It was a sunny 23-degree day. We arrived near the office where our meeting was, and had half an hour to spare. 

So we went into the nearest restaurant for some lunch. We sat outside and looked through the Mediterranean-style menu. We each ended up ordering essentially what was a kebab. For the bargain price of €20 each!  Yeah. In Paris €50 gets you two kebabs (though each with a mountain of hummus on the side but no salad) and to “Coke Lights”.

Walking around the streets of Paris you really do appreciate why it’s one of the world’s great cities. The architecture is amazing and the city has a real vibe about it. 

We had a good business meeting and then headed to a street-side café for some beers. We jumped on the metro back to Gare du Nord and jumped on a train back to London.

I love it when my work entails days like these.

2 comments:

  1. Nice trip report and thanks for sharing. Paris has plenty of beautiful sites and worthwhile place for a long trip. We walked around during our last trip and saw lots of scenic sites. We always got there great variety of food and will be there soon.

    Best Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to wander Paris for a day. Maybe work can pay but not get me to do anything? (well...I'm my own boss...so maybe I should??)

    ReplyDelete