14 June 2010

World Cup 2010 in London

Back in 2006 when I was living in England the first time, I went on a trip of a lifetime to Munich for the Australia vs. Brazil World Cup football game.

Now it is 2010 and the World Cup is back, and I am in London once more. No trip to South Africa planned but I did manage to head out to the Australian stronghold of Shepherd's Bush last night to watch Australia try to take on Germany.

On the way there is saw lots of Aussies all kitted up and ready to support their team, as well as Germans. The great thing about London is there are samples from all nationalities around.

I watched the start of the game at "Shé Bu Walkie" which provided a magnificent atmosphere.  I watched the rest of the game at the Pavillion, where they had stadium seating set up in front of a massive screen.

Overall, London is going football crazy. Productivity at my work has dropped to a low, ITV and BBC streaming coverage is clogging up the bandwidth, and most conversations are based on how our predictions are going.  The English take their football seriously, and it's great to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment