21 November 2011

London to Singapore

This year I went to Asia for the first time.

Having lived most of my life in Australia, it was a bit of a shame having never visited South-east Asia at all.But 2011 was the year this would be fixed! (Even though I now live in England.)

Over the next few blog posts I will write about my trip two-and-a-half-week trip which included Singapore, Langkawi, Bangkok and Phuket.

I left for Heathrow airport after work on a Monday night in mid-October. This was great, because that is what, inherently, one day work weeks are.

I boarded my first Airbus A380. I was impressed with the Singapore Airlines A380: I thought it was significantly more spacious than the Boeing 747's I'm used to doing long-haul flights on.

Apart from one of the flight attendants having a little bit of attitude, the service was also great, from the food to the in-flight-entertainment.

Singapore Airlines Economy Class on the Airbus A380

I landed in Singapore and met up with my friend who lives there.  We caught the MRT back to her condo where I freshened up, and then we headed out.

My highlight of my first night in Singapore was definitely going to the New Asia Bar, which is a bar high up on the 71st floor of the Swissotel tower in central Singapore.  Certainly the highest bar I've ever had a drinks at!

View from the New Asia Bar

The next instalment will cover the side-trip from Singapore to Langkawi in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment