03 January 2012

Reflecting on 2011

Happy new year!

2011 has been a good year of travel. Some long haul destinations included Brazil, Argentina, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and of course Australia.

More locally, I visited Estonia, Wales and the Balearic Islands (Ibiza and Majorca on separate trips), Slovakia and Norway for the first time.

I also made return trips to France, Germany, Italy, Northern Ireland and Hungary.

Some of my trips were by train (for example all the way from London to Monaco) and some were by bus (for example the 23 hour journey from London to Risoul in France).  But many of my trips have been flying.

I have been keeping track of how many flights I have flown and the result shocked me this year. 47 flights, covering almost 70,000 miles (112,000 km).  That's more than enough to circumnavigate the world 2 and a half times.  If only I had collected frequent flyer points for all of these!


I wonder what 2012 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment