08 February 2010

A London Weekend

Further to my post where I said I don't post much about London life, let me describe a London weekend for you. This is what I did this weekend.... a cold and wintery weekend.

  • Slept in on Saturday
  • Walked from my house to Borough Market with my girlfriend for breakfast/lunch
  • On the way back from Borough Market, stopped off in Shad Thames in a tea room for afternoon cream tea.
  • On Saturday night I went to London's only decent indoor shopping centre, Westfield London (trust Aussies to provide the one proper shopping centre)
  • Later on Saturday night had some drinks at my girlfriend's house in Surrey Quays.
  • On Sunday I hired a car from Street Car, which is a service which lets you use cars on a pay-as-you-go hourly rate basis, picking up from many spots around London. In London you don't really need a car full time so this is a great way to drive when you want to.
  • Some friends and I took the street car to Ikea in the outer South London suburb of Croydon to do some shopping.
All in all a relaxing weekend in town.  Next weekend I am going away for the weekend, and the week after, I am flying to Austria.

1 comment:

  1. It is really incredible schedule. It is certainly true that you have a worthwhile time in a weekend. I like to visit London however, this year my schedule very tide.

    Best Regards,

    ReplyDelete