15 February 2010

Weekend in Portsmouth

This weekend I took my girlfriend away for Valentines Day. I decided that instead of buying her something I would fork out for a nice hotel somewhere, as we are both very keen travellers.

I ended up booking the Hilton at Portsmouth. I booked cheap train tickets from London and a rental car at the Portsmouth end. We ended up having a nice relaxing weekend, driving around New Forest in the car, relaxing in the comfy large hotel room, eating dinner by the Portsmouth Harbour, shopping and walking along the pebbly beach.


Portsmouth is a larger city than I had expected, and it was lucky that we had a car, as the hotel was on the outskirts and a good 15 minute drive to Southsea waterfront. I enjoyed the luxury of staying in a hotel and driving a car to and from our accommodation, compared to the usual walking and public transport travel I have been doing for the last couple of years.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review!! Portsmouth is really beautiful place. I have been there lots of time and in every tour really enjoyed there. My last tour of Portsmouth was in Jan 2009. I really adore there Jan and Feb weather, really romantic!!!

    Best Regards,

    ReplyDelete